Designed specifically to reduce fall risk, the Moore Balance Shoe represents a revolutionary, science-based* approach to helping people live active and independent lifestyles. The shoe’s low-profile heel aids postural stability, its high-performance, slip resistant sole delivers traction, a smooth outsole and angled toe reduces stumbles, and its textured insole provides sensory feedback for those with polyneuropathy. But we didn’t stop there – we also made sure that the shoe delivered high levels of stability, support and comfort, with hook and loop closures foe ease of use. Combining these scientifically-researched* features in a lightweight package, the Moore Balance shoe can take you wherever your day leads.
- Low-profile heel for maximum postural stability.
- Slip-resistant sole that exceeds SATRA and Mark II standards for dry, wet and oily surfaces.
- Firm, supportive midsole.
- Lightweight yet durable construction.
- Textured insole to provide proprioceptive feedback to those with polyneuropathy.
- High heel collar for added support.
- Smooth outer sole with angled toe for trip avoidance.
- Heel contains convenient hook and loop closure to accommodate AFOs and other devices.
- Extended tongue opening for easy fitment of AFOs and other devices.
Fall Risk and Footwear*
There is a notable correlation between fall risk and footwear:
- Inappropriate footwear has been identified as a contributor of up to 45% of falls.
- A study of people who had suffered a fall-related hip fracture reported that 75% were wearing poor footwear at the time of injury.
- Appropriate footwear has been identified as a preventative measure in reducing fall risk.
- Footwear can improve balance.